1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Not even our greatest philosophers can endure a tooth ache with equanimity."

Discussion in 'Random Nonsense' started by Daniel~, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    After a 70 year battle in which I poured at lest 50,000 dollars into my mouth, the war is coming to an end.
    Just back from the demist. I have a infected tooth. Not just any tooth either.
    This tooth supports a 5 tooth bridge, basically my upper front teeth
    The fix this he must destroy the bridge. We paid around 7,000 dollars for.

All my teeth are caps or bridges. I suppose there might be one or even two survivors
    As I have several other multi-tooth bridges...My mouth is basically the jagged ruins of the war
    on enamel.

So if tomorrow you don't recognize me it will because I HAVE NO FRONT TEETH! LOL

Best thing about getting old, you stop sweating the small stuff.
    And brothers take it from me,
    It's almost all small stuff. ":O}
  2. porporme

porporme Member

I went through almost the same 12-14 yrs ago.
    After dealing with tooth pain since high school, I went to the dentist and stated I wanted the rest of my teeth pulled.
    I let him talk me out off it.
    I regreted that for the next couple of years. After the expense and pain - I had them all pulled.
    Good decision for me.
  3. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    I find myself inevitably following in your foot steps Por Por.
    For once I like the guy doing the work. Even after I repeatedly told him the best we could is a hundred or so a month he out lined several alternatives. I just flat out told him that as he would have to carry me If felt we should go for the cheapest.

Gave me several more expensive options. I went for the cheaper which is a "Flip" denture for my 5 missing front uppers. So then he advised me to go with a cheap flip, let him do a complete work up and see what we can save and for what we can't build a partial or if we must complete dentures.

He refuses to discuss money, I'm to pay as we go what we can.So we start out cheap then go for quality when the smoke settles. This is the first dentist I've seen in twenty years that doesn't hand you off to a finance company.

Further as were leaving his Secretary Says she noticed we were paying cash and suggested that was because we had no insurgence?. We said yes. She told as that we can get 2000 a year out of medicare...then she told us how!

The Mighty Row has numerous ailments all painful and she is a Medicare guru. when she came up we told her Row just offered to be our medicare adviser. She lite up like a Christmas tree. It was Row who told her about the well "hidden" medicare benefits. Mighty Row knows how to work this evil medical system.And she works it for as many as she can. She sees a lot of broke and busted people here at Clear water camp grounds.

She is a healing ointment for many.

Are you beginning to see why I call her the mighty? ":O}
  4. porporme

porporme Member

YES!
    It's beeing told over and over that the moon is made of cheese and that is true but no one tells you it tastes like cow poop
    And then one person makes it all come true!! HALLELUJAH!!! Love em to death!