1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My spotty attendence, Gone wild!

Discussion in 'Random Nonsense' started by Daniel~, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    When we moved in we were warned that we might have some trouble with our power in put.
    and so we are.

Basically it just can't carry the load we place on it. This will be remedied hopefully sooner rather than later.

Right now we are using our own power for about half our needs. The rest we get from an obliging neighbor.

But being somewhat nervous about this arrangement, I've stayed off my computer for the last few days. Everything "seems" Ok, I'm giving it a try. So far so good. But as this is a work around I'm hoping for improvement ASAP.

I''m told that to correct this problem they may have to shut down power in the Trailer campground for a few days. When this is likely to occur is not yet known.

So if I'm gone again you will have cause to hope I will return with the electric tides .
  2. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    Maybe its time for a laptop?
    Uses less power and has a battery.

You can buy some decent refurbished laptops on Newegg.com
  3. Daniel~

Home page:
    You have yet to grasp the Over-clockers mindset. LOL

Simply put:
    Speed, speed at all costs. Speed when speed doesn't really make much sense.Like at a race car track. When we only go in circles, right turn, right turn , right turn.
    It's 4.8 out of a 3,4 chip. It's an old man set in his ways.

I guess you had to be there.":O}
  4. booman

booman Grand High Exalted Mystic Emperor of Linux Gaming Staff Member

Home page:
    I would probably have a lappy for internet and daily use, then have a Super computer for gaming. Just turn it on when you are gaming.
  5. Daniel~

Home page:
    I probably would to....but as with you, I'm waiting on Mr Green.":O}
  6. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Shazaam, this is bad news. Sorta kinda looks like it may have been better to wait for a better new area to live in. Sure, why not let the manifold blessings of homelessness fill your days with joy? I'm sorry that this what probably seemed like an idyllic place to live has become so difficult regarding power. And Web access. I surely hope that you are at least slightly overpaying your neighbor for electricity.

Oh, that dashed Senor Green! So undependable not to mention mighty tight with his "raises." According to the Liars in Charge we have very little inflation; sure, it is measured without fuel and grocery prices. Cor blimey, such a bunch of useless dishonest unmentionables. Groceries have doubled in price over the last ten years.

But we have no inflation worth mentioning. Glad for such mercies I am.
    Inflation is most noticeable to this unworthy one. I find it very annoying, and given enough time it becomes threatening to how you wish to live. Don't tell me that that's part of the Master Plan?

It's well known that California is losing residents, but it seems that the people of Our Fair State are also moving away because of the cost of living here. If only the less desirable places to live weren't SO undesirable. Nevada is cheaper, but it comes with Nevada. I suppose you might be able to handle the heat if you were sedentary and old. Because air-conditioning is mandatory for most residents, and it's expensive to run. Oldsters feel colder with age, maybe you've been spared this, but I notice it.

Such a font of good news I am! Please to forgive this most unworthy of Members, if at all possible.

Shucks Daniel, I miss your posts. But must I complain about it? Seems that way.
  7. Daniel~

Home page:
    Don't get me wrong:I love being one of the 8 to 10 folks that live here, it's perfect and in all respects meets my needs. The power is chancy, but it was that in Ravensdale so really nothing new.

The only thing further out on State route 410 east is Chrystal Mt resort. The resort is about 30 miles further along. Tis for the sake of Christal Mt. that we are assured of clear roads ASAP.

Ravensdale was and is the sticks as we use to call what lay beyond the city limits. Average place is between 5 and 50 acres.We had no idea what was going on in the rental market. We were in Ravensdale around 5 years. We started at a rent of $700.00 a month, it was the cheapest place we could find and much better than anything in 50 miles of us at the time.We left pay $900.00 a month

We looked and looked,.We realized how well and truly screwed we were when Patti had a protracted argument with an SOB who was renting a trailer almost identical to the one we WERE renting...He would not budge, 2700.00 a month.
    It was different in one appreciable way, it was a wreak! a dirty and broken trailer.

So I give thanks everyday for Clearwater and the trailer that made our stay here possible.

You just can't ask for divine guidance then bitch about what you get. If I cannot be of service and it has become plain to me that my path leads away from the city and the cultivation of people and into the woods to practice the cultivation of a single person.

It really doesn't matter which path, so long as it is your path. The path ordained for you to become yourself upon.

My advice George is that you still live to much in the world of men. A place of infinite complication, conflicts and disagreement. None of these live in the woods.":O}

"The woods" is a place in mind I adopted long before I lived here. When we can't leave where live, we can always change what our front door opens to. You have a heart beat, follow it into yourself;
    Then cultivate the garden you find therein.

Your doing fine George. You have a clear sense of "The Good". You can trust that to guide you in all your actions. You have charity and compassion a clear sign of a well ordered human being.

Thank you for being my true friend.
  8. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Thank you for your very kind message Dan. I am happy that you are contented in your "new" place to live. That's wonderful, I apologize for seeing far more conflict around you than you do. I definitely see far too many hassles than those that need addressing, looks like I'm addicted to this constant conflict. I surely don't need this addiction, all of them that I've experienced over the years weren't helpful.

Thank you for your Feb 24 post "Serenity" in "The Path I Walk." If I boil it down to "Omm" it really helps.
  9. Daniel~

Home page:
    To make your stopping (stopping a clear mind with the scripted gibberish we otherwise talk to ourselves all day long and never notice the Sun) STOP...

cutting, cutting,cutting, cutting,cutting, cutting,cutting, cutting, every thought that arises...

Once the mind grows quite rational discourse with one self may begin
    For Discourse to continue we must be constantly observing of one self, (To keep the mind quite and at ease }
    And of one's immediate world.
    The world you taste, the world you breathe,The flat floors upon which you walk in our round world.
    If instead we grow per-occupied with our thoughts of ourselves, we lose touch with our world

All rational discourse concerns itself with consequence. To understand consequence one must know the changes. Must understand that B follows A as 2 follows 1.

That a quite mind attracts peace as a noisy mind attracts conflicts within and without.

Nothing can be accomplished here by force.
    What's called for is the slow gentle penetration of a mind undisturbed by desire for the ten thousand things. We must learn to grasp with out grabbing, hold without possessing, touch without disturbing.

There's such a lot to do... without leaving one's home. You have to do it George, No one else in your world can.

So get busy and stop.":O}
  10. Daniel~

Home page:
    George posted:
    "Thank you for your Feb 24 post "Serenity" in "The Path I Walk." If I boil it down to "Omm" it really helps.".

I 'm gratified that you found it of use. "Om's" can be helpful if we don't use them to put ourselves to sleep.

"Waking up is hard to do"
    (Sung to the tune of "Breaking up is hard to do"...does this make me a plagiarist?

It certainly brings my taste in music in question! ":O}
  11. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Thank you for your very helpful post(s) Dan. Perhaps that old Motown song "Stop!--in the name of love" should feature far more in my static filled mind. Hmm, "Omm" can put your mind to sleep, thanks for pointing that out.

I think it was Neil Sedaka. Yes, it was. He wrote many "catch in your brain" songs, maybe it's that quality of the song more than personal taste that brings it to mind. He had a mighty high pitched voice, that's for sure. He wrote 500 songs, many performed by artists of merit. Seems that he's still around and perhaps still entertaining.

He kind of drove me crazy with that high pitched voice of his, waayback when. All the way to the moon, it was so high. Wish I could get just half as high, but some people are sopranos oops, I mean lyric tenors plus plus - and some aren't.
  12. Daniel~

Home page:
    Good to know... I'm afraid I haven't be giving N.S. his proper dues.
    Hard working and that's for sure, 500, wow.
  13. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Me neither, he is one very talented genius at music. He was accepted at Julliard at a very young age. But that voice...help!