1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Privacy.com - Forget credit cards

Discussion in 'Random Nonsense' started by allenskd, Mar 24, 2016.

1. allenskd

allenskd Active Member

Hey guys,

I thought I would share this here as there's plenty linux users like us interested in enhancing privacy. Basically privacy.com is a service that allows you to create, lock credit cards, a virtual credit card that's linked to your bank account, etc. The good part? You don't have to expose your credit card to stores, etc. The bad part? Very little is known of the guys behind the idea. However a co-founder posted in Hacker News ( https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=11356461 ) so it's a relieve that someone is doing this.

Anyway, check it out and be the judge

https://privacy.com/

(and no I'm not affiliated with them)
  2. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Thank you for the information allenskd. They're new, so who knows what shadow lurks?
  3. allenskd

allenskd Active Member

I will give them the benefit of the doubt, mostly because I find their services incredibly useful and there are plenty of things I can use it without exposing my credentials to small website virtual shops that have no notion of security.

Since the word spread out today I'll wait for a month or two till the dust settles and see what people have dug up.
  4. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Good point, one of my CC's has been "burglarized on-line" three times. Oh joy. The other just once. Over a period of ten years or so. Best of luck with this, it's sure a good idea!