1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's heard Little Richard sing "Shake a Hand"?

Discussion in 'Random Nonsense' started by Daniel~, Mar 30, 2018.

1. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

I recently read that Firefox has some nasty flaws. Otherwise I'd think of using it again.
  2. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

I remember the television show that had the frog appearing, or maybe it was disappearing in a puff of smoke much more than I remember Howdy Doody.
  3. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

She does this Leonard Cohen masterpiece very nicely. What a song writer he was!
  4. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Yeah, Poco was all right. How do you like that? All "Poco" references on Youtube are about Spanish speaking artists!
  5. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

He is amazing!
    Shirley Temple Black, ugh. Appointed ambassador to some country by I believe it was R Reagan. Such an honor!
  6. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

I love this, it's a truly great one!
  7. Daniel~

Daniel~ Chief BBS Administrator Staff Member

Home page:
    Now your talking Buster Brown and his dog Tide.Who lived in a shoe. Brought to you by Buster Brown Shoes...And Froggy was a class AAA shit. I never figured out why no one stepped on him.

Now how in hell did I remember that!! LOL
  8. Daniel~

Home page:
    Please Don't slight the good because the bad is standing next to it. ":O}
  9. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

Procul Harum many great songs, thank you you underrated chaps!

I suppose this particular one isn't one of their best. Yet it came to mind so I'm posting it.
  10. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

I remember Buster Brown and Tige from old ads. I thought that the audience of kids, assuming there was a live one always laughed when Froggy appeared in a little cloud of smoke? A triple A bad character? You were certainly older than I was so I yield to your remembering.
  11. Daniel~

Home page:
    This guy has gained a control over his body ...I never even conceived of.
    Enjoy
    Starts at 24:30
  12. Daniel~

Home page:
    I have always loved watching card magic. But this guy...this guy slops his way into my heart! His total lack of precision is a true delight!
    He a slow starter, always a good sign in magic! ":O}

Part of what get me about this guy, if you listen closely he tells you exactly what he is doing and how....Most just don't listen through his " I'm way to dumb to be doing this stick.":O}
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  13. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

A very interesting card technician! With a previously unseen "sloppiness" shtick.

Ricky Jay, probably the world's most prominent magician with cards died recently. He was amazing! He never gambled with cards.

http://rickyjay.com/

Can't find any examples of him working on Youtube. Sorry.

TED was educational once upon a time.
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
  14. Daniel~

Home page:
    WOW! Ricky Jay did a movie on the history of card tricks and card masters, But I can't remember it's name and didn't know Rickys name. He also did one on the mind sets of cons, con men and their marks, that one is call "Revolver"
  15. Daniel~

Home page:
  16. Daniel~

Home page:
    Here's Ricky at his informative best!
  17. Daniel~

Home page:
    I honestly can't remember where I got this from, but I'm pretty sure it's a historically generally correct tale...
    (I have I completely lost your interest? Sigh...I mostly do this for me anyway.)

OH! before I begin, Ricky Jay once said that a man he regarded as a true master pointed out that there are really only 5 card tricks. Evey-thing else is just a variation.

The variations have mystified me for 65 years! Some how it more humiliating to know that I've been mugged by the same 5 tricks all my life.":O}

In the Late 1800 and early 1900 there was a VERY famous Chinese magician.
    He toured the world performing an illusion that had the other world class magics
    of his day completely mystified
    He first appeared in the west when an old man. So for the most part he did things the other masters could do blind folded.

He performed in complete Manchurian regalia a gold waist coat down to bow legged feet.
    His sleeves drawn up his arms by his bent over back. a dragon embroidery running the length of his coat.
    a long grey Mancunian beard and pigtail

His closer was this:

Two men would bring out a sturdy table, two more men would follow with a gold fish bowl. around 30 inches across and about two feet deep. it about 3/4 full of water. You could see completely under the table.

the old guy stands behind the clear bowl and makes fish appear and disappear. a big yawn for the pros.
    But the he brings out a bit of silk and drapes it across the bowl concealing the bowl underneath.

He taps the cloth with his magic wan and the cloth collapses and the fish the bowl and around 20 gallons of water. Gone.

My source must have been a movie or a doc. As I have clear visual memories of it.

Finally a young Magic decides to find out how he did it. He follows him everywhere, not hard to do considering his age. His sons and daughters , grand kids trailing. all accompanying him in the traditional manner. picking him up and dropping him off at the theater.

Then one night as their car was pulling away from the theater our young magic caught just a slight gimps of the lovey young daughter giving the old man a decidedly UN-daughterly kiss. The missing piece made it all clear to him

This guy spent his whole career, on and off stage in full makeup limping about as an old man to pull off the trick of the century.
    He slipped the fish bowl between his bowled legs and walk off stage with it using his every day bowl legged slide no one the wiser. He spent years developing the muscles that allowed him to pull it off.

He trick them all not with a fish bowl, He utter convinced them of his decrepitude. He was old and frail so they never considered he could conceal it and walk away..they never even went there!":O}

But like a good slide of hand, knowing how he did it remains a thousand miles away from you doing it. No one picked up his act when he retired. ":O}
  18. Daniel~

Home page:
    a little more poking about and I found it!

19. Daniel~

Home page:
    Two masters, One table.

20. cloasters

cloasters Moderator

That "old guy," what a secret agent! Thank you very much for the "magic" posts, verry interesting! Glad that you knew Ricky Jay and simply forgot his name. I didn't know it before seeing it in the credits for a "The X-Files" episode.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018